Welcome to the Allevi Support page. Our relationship doesn't end after your purchase. We're here to help you be successful with your Allevi bioprinter and bioinks.
Download the User Manual for your Allevi bioprinter!
1. How do I download the software?
2. Where is my serial number?
For the serial number field in the software form, just put the name of your lab.
3. I forgot or want to reset my username and/or password.
Instructions for recovering or resetting passwords can be found in the User Guide on page 30 for Mac users and page 31 for Windows users.
4. How do I design files for printing?
Print files are .gcode files that start as .stl files, usually made using computer aided design (CAD). There are many CAD softwares available. We have additional information on CAD and gcode preparation on our Build With Life forum.
Files can also be found at the these sources:
5. My extruders jump and grind while moving or switching.
Contact Allevi Support by filling out the form below with 'Endstop issues' in the subject line.
6. My printer pauses partially through a print but keeps extruding.
This is likely an issue with communication between your computer and the printer. Increase the communication timeout in the bioprint settings. Try 300 or even 600 seconds.
7. How do I print over multiple wellplates?
With Allevi bioprinters, you can print in 6, 12, 24, or 96 wellplates! In the software, select your desired wellplate type and calibrate to the first wellplate. Our software will automatically replicate the uploaded gcode file across all wells.
8. How do the crosslinking light percentage and intensity correlate?
View a helpful graph here.
9. Can I print below room temperature with my Allevi Bioprinter?
The Allevi 2 and earlier models do not have cooling capabilities, but printing in a cold room achieves the same result. However, the Allevi 1, 3, and 6 can print as low as 4°C!